Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Want underwear model abs?




Of course you do. They're fun to look at, fun to play with, and I'm not going to lie, they are fun to own. I owe a lot to my abs. They've made me memorable, they've made me money, and I'm 99% sure that my wife wouldn't have married me unless all 8 were present and accounted for on the blessed day.
I'm not trying to brag, I'm just saying, life is better with abs.

Here's a template of how I got mine, with variations underneath:


*walk dogs 20 mins

6am - Breakfast: 1 cup cooked brown rice, 1 scoop EPIQ Isolate Vanilla, Chia seeds, Raisins, Cinnamon, 250mL water

*walk 20 mins to gym

7:30am - Workout: Supersetted, 3 sets, 8-10 reps of: Back squats/Pullups, Deadlift/Bench Press, Db Shoulder Press/Any ab exercise (20 reps), EPIQ Rush w/500mL water

*walk 15 min to work

1:30pm - Lunch: 3 cups mixed greens, 1 fish fillet, Pumpkin seeds, Sunflower seeds, 1 handful grated cheddar cheese, 2 tbsp. dressing (vinaigrette), 1L water

*walk 20 mins to home

6pm - Dinner: Lettuce wrap chicken fajitas, 1 handful shredded cheddar cheese, oven baked yellow potatoe French fries w/vinegar, Green peas, 250mL water

7:30pm - 2 cups plain Greek yogurt, 1/3 scoop EPIQ Isolate Chocolate, 1 handful raisins, 1 tbsp raw honey, 250mL water

8pm - EPIQ green monster shake, 2 handfuls spinach, 1 scoop EPIQ Isolate Chocolate, 1 banana, 1/2 cup frozen blueberries, 500mL water

*walk dogs 30 mins


Variations
For the most part, my breakfast always remains the same. I wake up ravenous, and I not only look forward to breakfast...it is my favourite meal of the day. On occasion I may substitute steel cut oats for brown rice...but I'm not happy about it.

Lunch: Sometimes I skip lunch. There. I said it. I don't skip it so much because I am intentionally doing an intermittent fast (though I sometimes mark it down as much), but because I am too lazy to pack one (I regret it every time, but confounding enough, still choose laziness).

Dinner: 1) Turkey bacon, chicken cesar salad with a vinaigrette cesar dressing 2) Ground turkey, rice pasta penne with tomatoe sauce and green peas 3) Bass or Tilapia filet on Quinoa and Edamame beans 4) Iceberg lettuce salad bun, chicken burger with avocado, turkey bacon and grated cheese, and baked potatoe wedges 5) Shredded chicken pita with green peppers, cucumbers, spinach, vinaigrette, and carrots 6) the occasional pepperoni pizza or 7) salmon burger on sliders (2 or 3 times per month on a Friday).

Workouts: I workout 4 or 5 times per week in the gym and practice/play a sport once twice per week. My workouts involve as little rest as possible and are ALWAYS super-setted, but they rarely last more than 50 minutes in length.

Abs are about quality, not quantity: It's about the quality of your workout and about the quality of food you eat.

How do you get your abs?

@BrendanRolfe


No comments:

Post a Comment